A wedding is one of the most special day in one’s life. And everyone wants to look their best on this big day. If you are unsure of what style, type, and colour to wear at your wedding, don’t worry. We have done the research on your behalf, talked to a lot of fashionable brides, and have come up with a list.
- Sticking to the style that suits your body type: Indian Bridal Outfits are usually heavy and flashy. You should keep your body type in mind while selecting the dress. Falling in love with that great dress you saw on Pinterest or Instagram is very easy but keeping in mind the style that flatters and enhances your figure is the key to find your dream wedding attire. Skinny or bulky, there is a dress to suit every body type. It could be a Saari, Lehenga, Gown, fusion dress, fish cut, or flairy attire. Another important thing to keep in mind in an Indian wedding is the venue and type of ceremony. Saying so, a Religious ceremony often requires an elegant and sober look while brides can reserve a sexier, less traditional look for a cocktail or a reception party. A good boutique or designer can also help you decide what wedding dresses will work for you.
- Keep the budget in mind: Bridal dress is going to be the most expensive and special outfit in your life. But that doesn’t mean it has to necessarily be extremely expensive. Keep your budget in mind while shopping for the dress. Never Try on dresses above your budget. It feels really bad to fall in love with a dress you cannot afford to buy. Also, keep in mind the cost of alterations too.
- Choose the colour of the dress wisely: As Indian Bridal dresses are usually very bright and bold in colour. It is always a good idea to think about a colour that complements your skin tone and persona. People have started experimenting with non-traditional colours like Pastels, beige, and even white with a hint of dark colours and embroidery. Matching the bridal dress with the groom’s outfit is also very important. The colour of the bridal dress should also be chosen according to the kind of ceremony. As per the trend these days, lighter colours along with zardosi and sequin work looks great for a night ceremony whereas peaches have become very trendy for day time ceremonies.
- Do not go after the latest trend: Trendy wedding dresses won’t necessarily stand the test of time. A wedding dress should be timeless. Remember how Kareena Kapoor khan wore the same dress as her mother in law Sharmila ji did on her wedding day. Needless to say, she looked very Royal. It should be something that will never go out of style.
- Proper Fitting: Comfort should be the priority. Bridal Outfits especially the Choli or top can get a little uncomfortable if it has heavy work or a lot of poky embroidery on it. The fitting should be to the point that is not too tight and not too loose. Do a final fitting check well before the wedding day. Wear a nice fitting bra and wear the same heels you are going to wear on the d-day when trying the dress.
Your wedding dress is going to be the most special dress a woman will wear in her entire life. Keeping the above-listed points in mind will assist you in choosing the best one indeed.